Today’s free crochet pattern features this super easy and quick Christmas ornament! You can make one of these in about 10 minutes so they are the perfect last minute gift for stocking stuffers or extended family!!
Below are photos of each step to help you in case you get stuck or lost!
For the pictured stars I used Knit Picks’ Wool of the Andes yarn. I recommend using this yarn or another natural fiber yarn such as a cotton, linen, or wool blend because natural fibers are easier to block than acrylic fibers. That being said, this pattern is an excellent scrap yarn stash buster and you can also just use whatever yarn you have on hand already!
HDC: Half Double Crochet
MC: Magic Circle
SL ST: Slip Stitch
F/O: Finish off (slip stitch and cut yarn)
(Each numbered step refers to each numbered photo!)
- Begin with a Magic Circle
- Chain 1
- HDC twice into the magic loop (CH 1 counts as a third HDC)
- CH 2
- 3 HDC, CH 2
- Repeat step 5 three more times total around.
- SL ST to your first CH 1
- SL ST into the CH 2 space
- CH 2 (counts as a HDC)
- Place 2HDC into the same space, then CH 3, and HDC 3 more.
- Repeat step 10 around your circle, placing 3 HDC, 2CH, 3HDC into each CH2 space from the previous row. When you reach your beginning of round, SL ST to the first CH
- CH 2, 1 HDC, CH 2 into the CH 3 space from the previous row.
- Repeat Step 12 around in each CH 3 space. SL ST and F/O
Attach a loop of twine or spare yarn for the ornament to hang from. Weave in your ends and you have yourself a star ornament!!